Friday, February 27, 2009

Less than 2 months!!!

I am extremely stressed out right now.

And anxious

And Nervous

And ECSTATIC

And...every other emotion in the book.

I have a lot of stuff that needs to be done.

I met with my mom's church and they are supporting me financially and allowing me to have a bake sale fundraiser after the service on March 8.

I am so excited for this because there are so many people excited to help us bake all day the day before and even my work has a memo up and many of my co-workers are baking things for me to bring with me.

What a blessing.

I've decided to make my last day of work April 10. This will give me about a week and a half to make sure I have everything I need and have all the little details taken care of.
Most importantly though, I will be spending many of those days with my friends, family and in the prayer garage at the Boiler Room, preparing my heart and my life as much as I can before I depart.

It is so encouraging to have others like YOU praying for me, and lifting me up during this time.

Often times when I get discouraged, I just pray and ask God to give me more signs that this is His calling for me, and many times, immediately I'll have an amazing conversation with someone about my trip, or be extremely blessed by receiving another donation.

I have been communicating with Breana, who is down at the orphanage right now, and what a help that has been. It's so nice being able to go after someone who is there because so many of my little questions are answered.

I've had many people ask what they can pray for. In response to that, I ask that you continue to pray for myself and my roommate, Dana, as we continue to prepare for this journey ahead, but most importantly, be praying for the kids and the caretakers down there already.

Many of the kids (and Breana and Peter as well) have experienced a lot of illness down there; fever, typhoid and I believe Peter even may have had TB, which caused him to be segregated from everyone else for a while. What an amazing thing for Dana to be able to go down with her experience in health care to really be able to help out with all of this.

I apologize that I am jumping all over the place!

There is so much going on right now, I am just so overwhelmed.

Thank you for all of your love and support and hopefully the next time I update, I will have my passport in hand and plane ticket booked.

xo

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment