Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm here!

Finally, I have a minute to update you on my journey.

After a 20 hour flight, Dana and I arrived with no big problems to Vijayawada airport at about 330pm India time on Saturday, the 18th. We were greeted by Breana, Peter, and Thomas who then took us back to the orphange.

The welcoming was amazing with all of the kids lined up outside and "welcome to OAFA INDIA Jenna and Dana" spelled out using flower petals.
We got to meet each child, and their joy spilled over so much, I was overwhelmed with so much emotion.

These kids love to be hugged and held and they all call us "sister."

It's hard to put into words what I feel when I get to seem them everyday. They're all so happy and just want to be loved more than anything.

I was sick for half of the day yesterday, so i was unable to attend their church service but later in that afternoon, i awoke to all 58 of them in my room with their hands on me praying that I would be better. It was amazing.

I'm still trying to learn their names, but am finding myself loving them more and more everyday.
I was thinking today about how long a year is; but how hard it is going to be for me to leave. I am going to be so attached, and I think it will break all of our hearts when I have to leave forever.

There's so much to say, but I can't think of how to put it in this blog right now.
I am just SO happy. I have been told by 2 people so far that in my pictures I look like i glow. I can feel it when the kids come up and hug me and say that they love me.

Please take a minute to look at the photos I was able to put up.

I have placed a link to my Flickr page on the side of my page.

Let me know what you think!

Thank you all for your continued prayers and encouragement.

Grace and Peace!

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment