Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My last couple weeks.

We told the kids officially last night that I would be leaving soon.
Most of the older ones knew already but the younger ones didn't, and the very little ones didn't really understand.
We told them right after prayer was done. After the announcement, they said the Lord's Prayer like always and then all of them came up and hugged me and almost every single child said "You India. No America. You go, me crying." If that doesn't just rip your heart out, I don't know what does.

After we ate, I was downstairs and was sitting on a step next to Baghya Sri (the oldest girl) and her and I have become extremely close the past couple months. She has been very quiet lately and kinda down and always wants me to sit by her or just walks with her arm around me. Then she looked at me and said. "Me not ok. You go to America. Me not ok." I felt myself get all teary-eyed but I feel like I have to be strong until I leave. Although I do have some of the youngest kids will take both of their hands and wipe away any tears that fall and say "sister you crying? no crying."

I don't have very much time left here.
I keep telling myself that the transition home is going to be easy because i'm coming home to amazing people. Very supportive friends and things to look forward to. But then I think about moments like I had with Baghya Sri on the stairs, and Asha running up to me and just resting her head on my shoulder as long as I would let her while I held her...and Moses being so excited about the new puppies...and Mounika's devious, yet beautiful smile that she always gives me during prayer when she's supposed to be praying, and "fighting"with Pushpalatha when she's supposed to be sleeping (by fighting, I mean tickle wars, because she is extremely ticklish and has the BEST laugh ever).

It's going to be hard.

Today we decided to make it our "final" shopping day, so me, Vijay and Peter are going to go out and he's going to drop us off so we can spend the day together.

Every time I talk to Vijay about leaving, she puts her hand over her heart and says "My heart is breaking. It hurts." I am going to miss her SO much and cry my eyes out when I have to leave her.

I have a return date set but am only telling my close friends and family for now, just because I will need a few days to kind of readjust at least a little bit before wanting to tell about my entire trip or go hang out with a lot of people. Please don't take it personally, it's just for my own well-being.

That's really all I have for now.

Keep praying for these babies over here, and for Thomas and the organization, and for my transition as I prepare to come home.

Grace and Peace,

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment